Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Harmeet Singh <ha...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/03 17:08:10 UTC

Need help with web service

Hi

I need to provide a service which will run on a server. It will receive
images (JPEG, PNG, etc) and will do some processing, and some database
operations etc, and return the status to the client.

I am investigating the best option to achieve this. Is axis2/c made for
this? Or I am at wrong place? Is there any similar example under Axis2/C?

How do a client send big data? The client is most likely an app on a smart
phone with camera.

Thanks

Harmeet

Re: Need help with web service

Posted by Emanuele Benedetti <be...@mclink.it>.
Hi Harmeet

Axis2/C is a framework to build client and server applications that
exchange data using the SOAP protocol. You can write a web service that
handle requests from clients in one way or two ways communication.

SOAP is xml based and can include binary files inside message. Axis2/C has
methods to support binary attachments to the xml messages.

I don't know if it is the best option for you but if you write, with
axis2, a SOAP compliant web service, you can access it from any platform
and development framework that can use SOAP.

For example I've used my web service written with Axis2/C and running on a
Linux platform to give services to some .net software and from Android
devices using the native SOAP libraryies (in C# on first case and Java in
the second).

--
Saluti
Emanuele