Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Alexey Romanenko <ar...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/31 14:24:12 UTC

Failing beam_SeedJob

Hi everyone,

Jenkins job `beam_SeedJob` keeps failing starting from May 19th. The last successful build [2] was 12 days ago.
Does anyone know the reasons of this?

—
Alexey

[1] https://ci-beam.apache.org/job/beam_SeedJob/ <https://ci-beam.apache.org/job/beam_SeedJob/>
[2] https://ci-beam.apache.org/job/beam_SeedJob/lastSuccessfulBuild/ <https://ci-beam.apache.org/job/beam_SeedJob/lastSuccessfulBuild/>

Re: Failing beam_SeedJob

Posted by Valentyn Tymofieiev <va...@google.com>.
On Fri, Jun 3, 2022 at 5:30 PM Alexey Romanenko <ar...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Valentyn, it may help!
>
> I’m wondering if the seed job was broken because of Pablo’s change or it
> just happened the same issue like in this thread and it was fixed just by
> Jenkins restart.

Good question... Maybe it was not related... since immediately after we
reverted Pablo's changes, Jenkins was still broken. +Pablo Estrada
<pa...@google.com> do you want to give
https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/17468 another try?

Re: Failing beam_SeedJob

Posted by Pablo Estrada <pa...@google.com>.
Hi all,
for what it's worth, I have been able to run Seed Jobs from the UI by doing
this change[1] by hand, without causing breakage.

1) Open Jenkins SeedJob page
2) Change its configuration to add the ghprbPullId parameter and save
3) Run a Seed Job by passing the build parameter and the ghprbPullId
parameter.

Eventually the seed job configuration ran again, and removed
the ghprbPullId parameter, but I've done this to run the seed job in PRs
before.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/17468/files#diff-b5a62b477e12af6cdb39b340db42e06c017cc06f7b595e2bfed5a5d935c46972R66-R69

Re: Failing beam_SeedJob

Posted by Alexey Romanenko <ar...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Valentyn, it may help!

Re: Failing beam_SeedJob

Posted by Valentyn Tymofieiev <va...@google.com>.

Re: Failing beam_SeedJob

Posted by Alexey Romanenko <ar...@gmail.com>.
Yes, it’s ok now.

Re: Failing beam_SeedJob

Posted by Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com>.

Re: Failing beam_SeedJob

Posted by Ryan Thompson <ry...@google.com>.

Re: Failing beam_SeedJob

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.

Re: Failing beam_SeedJob

Posted by Alexey Romanenko <ar...@gmail.com>.

Re: Failing beam_SeedJob

Posted by Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com>.

Re: Failing beam_SeedJob

Posted by Ryan Thompson <ry...@google.com>.
I asked in the slack channel to restart jenkins. I'm looking through the
past messages to see if there's someone there I can tag. Am I right in

Re: Failing beam_SeedJob

Posted by Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com>.

Re: Failing beam_SeedJob

Posted by Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com>.