Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com> on 2011/01/05 02:29:24 UTC

Re: 207 Multi-Status error checking out WebKit repository on Windows

On 12/25/10 5:42 PM, Kenneth Russell wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The WebKit project uses Subversion for version control and we are
> facing a problem with fresh checkouts of the repository on Windows
> with Subversion 1.6.6 (as well as earlier versions -- I've also tried
> 1.6.1). The reported error is with a specific file:
>
> svn: PROPFIND of
> '/repository/webkit/!svn/bc/19963/trunk/LayoutTests/fast/xpath/4XPath/Core/test.js':
> 207 Multi-Status (http://svn.webkit.org)
>
> The WebKit project maintainers aren't sure what changed with this
> particular file to cause this error to start occurring. I was only
> able to get past it by copying the .svn directory for this
> subdirectory from another Windows machine (where the checkout predated
> the problematic changes to this file) and then continuing the
> checkout.
>
> Is this a known issue? Can you reproduce it by checking out the
> repository (see http://webkit.org/building/checkout.html) with the
> current (non-Cygwin) Subversion binaries?

If you try with an https URL, do you see the same issue?  That will avoid any
networking issues you may be running into.

https://svn.webkit.org/repository/webkit/trunk

Regards,
Blair

Re: 207 Multi-Status error checking out WebKit repository on Windows

Posted by Nick <no...@codesniffer.com>.
On Wed, 2011-01-05 at 19:52 -0500, Nick wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 17:29 -0800, Blair Zajac wrote:
> > On 12/25/10 5:42 PM, Kenneth Russell wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > The WebKit project uses Subversion for version control and we are
> > > facing a problem with fresh checkouts of the repository on Windows
> > > with Subversion 1.6.6 (as well as earlier versions -- I've also tried
> > > 1.6.1). The reported error is with a specific file:
> > >
> > > svn: PROPFIND of
> > > '/repository/webkit/!svn/bc/19963/trunk/LayoutTests/fast/xpath/4XPath/Core/test.js':
> > > 207 Multi-Status (http://svn.webkit.org)
> > >
> > > The WebKit project maintainers aren't sure what changed with this
> > > particular file to cause this error to start occurring. I was only
> > > able to get past it by copying the .svn directory for this
> > > subdirectory from another Windows machine (where the checkout predated
> > > the problematic changes to this file) and then continuing the
> > > checkout.
> > >
> > > Is this a known issue? Can you reproduce it by checking out the
> > > repository (see http://webkit.org/building/checkout.html) with the
> > > current (non-Cygwin) Subversion binaries?
> >
> > If you try with an https URL, do you see the same issue?  That will avoid any
> > networking issues you may be running into.
> >
> > https://svn.webkit.org/repository/webkit/trunk
>
> FYI:  I successfully checked out webkit on linux using SVN 1.6.13.  I'll
> try on Windows the next time I start it in the VM.

I successfully checked out webkit on Windows today using SVN 1.6.15 and
verified the file LayoutTests/fast/xpath/4XPath/Core/test.js exists and
with some content.

Nick

Re: 207 Multi-Status error checking out WebKit repository on Windows

Posted by Nick <no...@codesniffer.com>.

Posted by Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>.
On 1/6/11 10:30 AM, Kenneth Russell wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 5:29 PM, Blair Zajac<bl...@orcaware.com>  wrote:
>> On 12/25/10 5:42 PM, Kenneth Russell wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> The WebKit project uses Subversion for version control and we are
>>> facing a problem with fresh checkouts of the repository on Windows
>>> with Subversion 1.6.6 (as well as earlier versions -- I've also tried
>>> 1.6.1). The reported error is with a specific file:
>>>
>>> svn: PROPFIND of
>>>
>>> '/repository/webkit/!svn/bc/19963/trunk/LayoutTests/fast/xpath/4XPath/Core/test.js':
>>> 207 Multi-Status (http://svn.webkit.org)
>>>
>>> The WebKit project maintainers aren't sure what changed with this
>>> particular file to cause this error to start occurring. I was only
>>> able to get past it by copying the .svn directory for this
>>> subdirectory from another Windows machine (where the checkout predated
>>> the problematic changes to this file) and then continuing the
>>> checkout.
>>>
>>> Is this a known issue? Can you reproduce it by checking out the
>>> repository (see http://webkit.org/building/checkout.html) with the
>>> current (non-Cygwin) Subversion binaries?
>>
>> If you try with an https URL, do you see the same issue?  That will avoid
>> any networking issues you may be running into.
>>
>> https://svn.webkit.org/repository/webkit/trunk
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. I was able to successfully check out the
> WebKit repository on Windows with Subversion 1.6.6 from the https URL.
> I haven't yet re-tried checking out from the http URL to confirm the
> 207 Multi-Status error was 100% reproducible on this machine.

Ken,

That's great.  Sounds like a proxy may be getting in the way.

BTW, some Googler's do work on svn, such as the Google Code people, if you ever
need help :)

Regards,
Blair

Re: 207 Multi-Status error checking out WebKit repository on Windows

Posted by Kenneth Russell <kb...@google.com>.