Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Alvaro Cabrerizo <to...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/07 20:03:00 UTC

Hi:

 I´ve got two different indexes: myIndexA and myIndexB. I wanted to load
both on tomcat but without merging. So I've created a new dir myIndexC.
Under myIndexC/indexes I've deployed myIndexA/indexes/part-00000 and
myIndexB/indexes/part-00000 renamed too part-00001. Later I've copied
myIndexA/segments/* and myIndexB/segments/* to myIndexC/segments. I´ve also
moved linkdb/current/part-00000 from myIndexA and myIindexB to myIndexC.

Summarizing, I've moved directories from indexA and B to C. Then I started
tomcat  (searcher.dir points to C ) and searches give me hits from both
indexes B and C (based on what explain.jsp says). So is there any difference
in the result I get (e.g. page ranking ) between this process  and a real
merge using  Nutch built-in commands?

Thanks.

Re: why did nutch0.8.1 fetch empty content from certain sites?

Posted by Jason Culverhouse <ja...@mischievous.org>.
It could b related to http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH-374
when the property http.content.limit is set to -1
and the data from the server is gzip'ed the content is not decoded
properly.
Jason

Posted by wangxu <wa...@souchang.com>.