Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Crescent <su...@hotmail.com> on 2003/11/28 07:15:48 UTC

commons.httpclient and asp?

Hi there

I was wondering if we can implement the commons.httpclient API and sending string data(from jsp pages) back and forth to Microsoft asp(pages) applications? are they compatible?

thanks for the answers and helps

best regards

crescent

Re: commons.httpclient and asp?

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@bluewin.ch>.
Crescent,

HTTP is a communication (transport) protocol which has nothing to do
with JSP or ASP (or any other technology) used to generate content. As
long as the server that hosts those ASP scripts in question relies on
HTTP to transport the content, you can safely use HttpClient to retrieve
it.

Oleg