Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by GUOJUN Zhu <gu...@freddiemac.com> on 2012/07/17 15:13:31 UTC

What exactly does the "CPU time spent (ms)" measure?

Sometimes there are big discrepency between this time and the real running
time at the task level.  It can be significantly less than the real
running time; for some case, I observe that it is longer than the real
running time.  What exactly does this counter measure? Thanks.

Zhu, Guojun
Modeling Sr Graduate
571-3824370
guojun_zhu@freddiemac.com
Financial Engineering
Freddie Mac

Re: What exactly does the "CPU time spent (ms)" measure?

Posted by GUOJUN Zhu <gu...@freddiemac.com>.
It is "Map-Reduce Framework/CPU time spent (ms)" (the shown name in all
webpage or console) counter for every run?

Zhu, Guojun
Modeling Sr Graduate
571-3824370
guojun_zhu@freddiemac.com
Financial Engineering
Freddie Mac

   Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>
   07/17/2012 01:39 PM
   Please respond to
mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org

mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: What exactly does the "CPU time spent (ms)" measure?

Zhu,

 Do you mean the 'slot millis' counter?

Arun

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: What exactly does the "CPU time spent (ms)" measure?

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
Zhu,

--
Arun C. Murthy