Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Robin Green <gr...@hotmail.com> on 2000/09/16 01:55:14 UTC

[vote] 1.8 release proposal

Okay, how about this for a schedule: (too formal, I know!) If anyone wants
to change it, better make it quick!

* I'll commit what I've done so far on the FAQ tomorrow (Saturday), plus
some other minor changes. Unlike weekdays I can stay online for free all the
time at weekends, so I'll be able to get more done online.

* Feature freeze 00:00 GMT (not BST) Monday - i.e. no new features, only
minor bugfixes and doc improvements

* Around the same time I'll send emails to cocoon-users and cocoon-dev
asking for testers to download from CVS and test, and report back what
configuration they have and whether there were any problems. Testing period
will be four days, Monday to Thursday. Clearly users who want to be more
cautious can wait a while and read cocoon-users to discover anything that
comes up after release. I'm not planning to do significant testing myself,
but, if no-one else bothers - well, we can live with it.

* On Friday I'll write release notes (including a note about adding
turbine-pool.jar for XSP to work), and do the release, barring really
serious problems. (In order to find time for this, based on past experience
I _may_, emphasise _may_, have to postpone reading some emails received
after Thursday afternoon.)

(I'm interpreting Donalds' deadline as Friday.)

Auto-reloading enhancements and FP enhancements can be included in a future
release. Hopefully 1.8.1 won't be far off, if I have anything to do with it.

--
Robin

P.S. I have CVS working fine now - it's just a matter of finding time.

http://profiles.msn.com.

Re: [vote] 1.8 release proposal

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Fri, 15 Sep 2000, Robin Green wrote:

> Okay, how about this for a schedule: (too formal, I know!) If anyone wants
> to change it, better make it quick!

sounds good to me.

- donald