Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca> on 2001/05/11 21:41:33 UTC

Request for help on pgp

I am in the (probably long and painful) process of updating install.html.
One area where I really need help is in instructions on how to verify the
pgp signature.  I could go find documentation on this myself, and then
write something, but that would basically be the blind leading the blind.

Could someone provide me with a one or two paragraph, beginners level
description of how to use pgp/gpg to verify the authenticity of the source
tarball?  This will be included in the new install.html file.

Thanks!

Joshua.

Re: Request for help on pgp

Posted by jo...@slive.ca.
On Wed, 23 May 2001, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Joshua Slive wrote:
> >
> > One area where I really need help is in instructions on how to
> > verify the pgp signature.
>
> Is there not something in the KEYS file?

It just says "pgp < KEYS", which is a good initial step, but hardly
complete.

Joshua.

Re: Request for help on pgp

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.