Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Abhishek Goel <ag...@marketaxess.com> on 2006/05/01 22:21:09 UTC

No Class def found error

Hi ,

I am using tomcat 5.5.17 along with jdk 1.5.

I am trying to define a Single sign on agent valve by using the following
tag

   <Host name="client.com" appBase="webapps"

       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"

       xmlValidation="true" xmlNamespaceAware="true">

   <Valve className="org.josso.tc55.agent.SSOAgentValve" debug="1"/>

</host>

When I start my tomcat I am getting the following exception

org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester startElement

SEVERE: Begin event threw error

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/catalina/Request

            at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2365)

            at java.lang.Class.privateGetPublicMethods(Class.java:2488)

            at java.lang.Class.getMethods(Class.java:1406)

When I remove the <Valve> tag my tomcat starts in a normal manner..

Please can anyone throw some light why this error is coming?

Regards

abhishek

The information contained in and accompanying this communication is strictly
confidential and intended solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).
If you have received it by mistake please let us know by reply and then
delete it from your system; you should not copy the message or disclose its
content to anyone.
MarketAxess reserves the right to monitor the content of emails sent to or
from its systems.
Any comments or statements made are not necessarily those of MarketAxess.
For more information, please visit www.marketaxess.com. MarketAxess Europe
Limited is regulated in the UK by the FSA, registered in England no.
4017610, registered office at 71 Fenchurch Street, London, EC3M 4BS.
Telephone (020) 7709 3100.
MarketAxess Corporation is regulated in the USA by the SEC and the NASD,
incorporated in Delaware, executive offices at 140 Broadway, New York, NY
10005. Telephone (1) 212 813 6000.

Re: No Class def found error

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
make sure that the valve classes are under server/lib or server/classes
instead of common/lib or common/classes

Re: No Class def found error

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.