Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Andy Dawson <an...@iti.upv.es> on 2006/07/24 14:53:58 UTC

Relative save paths

Hi All,

I have a number of test plans, which are organized in folders, each plan
includes a simple data writer. I would like to ensure that the results
of each test plan, are stored in a subfolder relative to the location of
the current test plan - how can I do this?

To elaborate a little, I have the following file and folder structure:

Test Case1
----Permutation 1
      Plan.jmx
--------Results

----Permutation 2
      Plan.jmx
--------Results

----Permutation 3
      Plan.jmx
--------Results

Test Case 2
----Permutation 1
      Plan.jmx
--------Results

----Permutation 2
      Plan.jmx
--------Results

----Permutation 3
      Plan.jmx
--------Results

... etc.

For each plan a user variable is set*:
Prefix = Results/
${__time(YMDHMS)}/Duration_${RunDuration}_Threads_${Threads}_

Which is included in the filepath for the data writer as:
${FilePrefix}Log.jti

Is there an easy way to include "Permutation n"  in the file name/path
(or otherwise derive the path of the current test) without writing it
explicitly? Are there other *Magic* constants available, that might be
useful? Is there a better way to structure the test files?

Thanks in advance, Regards,

Andy
*The other variables shown are also user variables defined at the test
plan level, defining the test characteistics.

Re: Relative save paths

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
If you use non-GUI mode, you can use the -l flag to create a listener
and name the JTL file. No need for a separate Simple Data writer as
well.

The listener can be configured using jmeter.properties.

S.

Re: Does jMeter record popup jsf pages?

Posted by Daman Jawda <id...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much for your replies Sebb. I'll investigate further whether
URLs called from within javascript, do bypass the JMeter Proxy; should be
easy to do. Will report back results later to the list.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jaw Dat <id...@gmail.com>.
Sebb,

Thank you very much for your replies and your tips.Here's further info
regarding the question:

On Sun, 2006-07-23 at 17:13 +0100, sebb wrote:

> > Why is this the case, and is what i'm trying to do possible
> > in jMeter ? (ie, record all the pages i visit and capture the
> > parameters sent to those pages?) Because this would save me
> > having to collect form inputs by parsing the HTML source of those
> > pages. I hope i'm phrasing my question clearly.
>
> Sounds like the pop-ups are being generated locally by the browser,
> and do not involve any interaction with the server.
>
> The JMeter proxy can only capture requests actually sent to the
server.

Even though the popup is indeed generated by a javascript function,
window.open(URL,...) , this surely results a request sent to the server,
since the URL refers to the jsf to be opened in the popup. So why
should this escape the JMeter proxy? What's the workaround?

> Have you set any filters in the proxy? It's easy to accidentally
exclude pages.

Yes. The include filters are :
.*\.jsp
.*\.jsf
.*\.htm
.*\.html
.*\.php
The excludes are :
.*\.jpg
.*\.gif
.*\.png

> [Could Javascript can be used to download pages directly from the
> server bypassing the proxy? This would explain what you are seeing,
> but seems a broken design to me.]

Very good question. This is the important question now actually. If it
is the case, then wouldn't this be a problem on the part of JMeter?
In any case, how to overcome this?

> > Thank you in advance for any help.
> >
> > Dat.
> >
> > PS. How come I don't see my own emails to the list? is that
indicative
> > of a problem with my subscription?
>
> No, it's a feature of GMail.

Thanks again :)