Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Diane Holt <ho...@yahoo.com> on 2000/12/13 01:13:53 UTC

task

The documentation suggests you can use <filter> outside of a target (ie.,
at the project-level (like <property>):

  Sets a token filter for this project or read multiple token filter
  from an input file and sets these as filters. Token filters are used
  by all tasks that perform file copying operations through the Project
  commodity methods.

But when I try using it at that level I get an "unexpected element" error.
Is the doc wrong, or is something broken? (It would be handy to have it
available at that level, so you can just read in a filters file, like you
can a properties file.)

Thanks,
Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)

http://shopping.yahoo.com/

Re: task

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
At 08:45  13/12/00 +0100, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>Diane Holt <ho...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Is the doc wrong, or is something broken?
>
>The former.
>
>> (It would be handy to have it available at that level, so you can
>> just read in a filters file, like you can a properties file.)
>
>I agree in principle, filters are some kind of data type for me. We
>may be alone with this perception, though.

Nope - I would +1 it ;)

Cheers,

Pete

Re: task

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Diane Holt <ho...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is the doc wrong, or is something broken?

The former.

> (It would be handy to have it available at that level, so you can
> just read in a filters file, like you can a properties file.)

I agree in principle, filters are some kind of data type for me. We
may be alone with this perception, though.

Stefan