Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "Jostein Chr. Andersen" <jo...@josander.net> on 2004/02/20 14:44:48 UTC

Re: svn commit: r8787 - in trunk/packages/win32-innosetup: . templates tools

Hi,

I have done a important (but not difficult) update of the Windows
Installer.

Is it any idea at all for me to add this r8787 to the branches/1.0.x/
STATUS file for the beta version?
I really want this out for the 1.00.0 beta and I have tested it on both
clean and dirty Win32 machines (fresh installers and updates).

The commit log are below:

On Friday 20 February 2004 15.22, josander@tigris.org wrote:
> Author: josander
> Date: Fri Feb 20 08:22:44 2004
> New Revision: 8787
>
> Removed:
>    trunk/packages/win32-innosetup/templates/7z.conf
>    trunk/packages/win32-innosetup/templates/mk7zsfx.bat
> Modified:
>    trunk/packages/win32-innosetup/Readme.txt
>    trunk/packages/win32-innosetup/svn.iss
>    trunk/packages/win32-innosetup/tools/mk_distro.pl
>    trunk/packages/win32-innosetup/tools/set_version.pl
> Log:
> Upgrade to Inno Setup 4.1.6 which now includes the lzma (7-zip)
> algorithm, so all external 7-zip related code and references in the IS
> and Perl scripts and docs are removed.
>
> Some improvements/changes that affects end users, system
> administrators, and to other programs calling the Setup program:
>  -The potential of even smaller setups
>  -Direct access to the svn-x.xx.x-setup.exe's command line parameters.
>   Note: The use of the "-y" (assume Yes on all queries) 7-zip switch
> are now depreciated. Use the InnoSetup "/SP-" switch instead if
> needed.
>
> * packages\win32-innosetup\Readme.txt
>   -Removed references to 7-zip
>   -Added a sections about the svn-x.xx.x-setup.exe's command line
> options -Fixed numerous typo and speling errors
>
> * packages\win32-innosetup\svn.iss
>   -The compression of the setup file are now handled by the Inno Setup
> compiler itself.
>   -Added some file info which is now available when right clicking on
> the setup file.
>
> * packages\win32-innosetup\templates\7z.conf,
> * packages\win32-innosetup\templates\mk7zsfx.bat:
>   Deleted. Not needed anymore because they was used together with
> 7-zip when making a SFX file of the generated setup files. IS take
> care of this now.
>
> * packages\win32-innosetup\tools\mk_distro.pl,
> * packages\win32-innosetup\tools\set_version.pl:
>   -Removed all 7-zip related code and functions
>   -Minor cleanups while I was at it

Thanks, Jostein

--
http://www.josander.net/kontakt/ ||
http://www.josander.net/en/contact/

Re: svn commit: r8787 - in trunk/packages/win32-innosetup: . templates tools

Posted by "Jostein Chr. Andersen" <jo...@josander.net>.
On Friday 20 February 2004 15.44, Jostein Chr. Andersen wrote:
> Is it any idea at all for me to add this r8787 to the branches/1.0.x/
> STATUS file for the beta version?
> I really want this out for the 1.00.0 beta and I have tested it on
> both clean and dirty Win32 machines (fresh installers and updates).

Sorry folks. I just read the branches/1.0.x/STATUS file an see that
the case is closed.

I will try to itemize it in the STATUS file for 1.01 as soon as I have
time. Sorry about the noise.

J.