Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by ke...@topaz5.worldonline.co.uk on 2003/03/12 11:45:31 UTC

syntax changes for (fwd)

Hi there!

I'm not on the mailing list yet, so you will need to mail me directly if
you want to reply to this suggested update.

I'm running SuSE Linux 8.1 (professional) with apache 1.3.26 .

I do like the new style for the Apache 1.3.26 documentation - It's alot
easier to comprehend, having seperated the directives with lines.

I would like to propose the following updates for <IfDefine> and
<IfModule> directives in httpd.conf.

Current syntax for <IfModule>

<IfModule [!]module-name>
</IfModule>

New proposed syntax:

<IfModule [!]module-name>
</IfModule [module-name]>

So basically what I'm saying is can we give the user the option of adding
the module-name to the closing </IfModule> container tag, if they so
desire!

Same thing for other container closing tags, such as:

<IfDefine [!]parameter-name>
</IfDefine [parameter-name]>

Regards - keith roberts

PS - Apache rules, OK!