Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by gnanda1 <gi...@hotmail.com> on 2010/08/24 17:13:01 UTC

How to kill inflight pending exchange in servicemix4.2 camel 2.2

Hi All,
I have a camel route that read a file , does some processing in  a bean file
then sends the message to an oracle database table.  I had a bug in my
database stored procedure that was locking the table and was waiting to get
the databse lock to be released,which in turn locked the camel file too.

In such a scenario the camel exchange was pending to complete. Even if I
removed the file.camellock from the directory the exchange was not killed.
Is there a way to kill the infligh pending exchange?

If the exchange is pending it does not shutdown Karaf successfully.
If I have any such scenario of inflight pending exchange and need to be
killed to resume processing, then how would I kill that exchange?
Please suggest.

Re: How to kill inflight pending exchange in servicemix4.2 camel 2.2

Posted by gnanda1 <gi...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks Clause

Re: How to kill inflight pending exchange in servicemix4.2 camel 2.2

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
There is a default timeout of 5 min for inflight exchanges.
So at that time Camel will force shutting down.

You can configure the timeout value if you want a lower/different
value than the 300 sec default.
See graceful shtudown in the Camel docu.

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 5:13 PM, gnanda1 <gi...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
> I have a camel route that read a file , does some processing in  a bean file
> then sends the message to an oracle database table.  I had a bug in my
> database stored procedure that was locking the table and was waiting to get
> the databse lock to be released,which in turn locked the camel file too.
>
> In such a scenario the camel exchange was pending to complete. Even if I
> removed the file.camellock from the directory the exchange was not killed.
> Is there a way to kill the infligh pending exchange?
>
> If the exchange is pending it does not shutdown Karaf successfully.
> If I have any such scenario of inflight pending exchange and need to be
> killed to resume processing, then how would I kill that exchange?
> Please suggest.

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/