Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mike Comb <mc...@softcoin.com> on 2001/11/12 20:53:02 UTC

Get tomcat to top accepting sessions?

Hi, is there any way to get tomcat to stop accepting new sessions, but
allow active sessions to continue?  I am trying to figure out how to
gracefully shutdown tomcat without kicking current users off.

Thanks,
-Mike

Re: Get tomcat to top accepting sessions?

Posted by Mike Comb <mc...@softcoin.com>.
Not quite what I am going for.  I have 6 instances of tomcat running
accross two machines.  What I want to be able to do is take a couple of
those instances down for servicing.  The way that I did that with my
previous app server (ATG Dynamo) is tell the desired instances to stop
accepting new sessions, wait half an hour for current users to go away, and
then take down just those two instances.  Meanwhile the other four
instances continue to serve the site.  This allowed me to easily do site
updates, app server updates, etc without having to take down the site or
wait for off-peek times.

So, any suggestions?

-Mike

--On Monday, November 12, 2001 12:31 PM -0800 James Chuang