Posted to dev@asterixdb.apache.org by Ian Maxon <im...@uci.edu> on 2017/01/31 00:06:19 UTC

How to Link (in Gerrit) your old Yahoo ID to a Google/Github login

Hey all,
Once Gerrit is actually upgraded (hopefully tonight) you should go
ahead and link a Google or Github account to your existing account
that uses a Yahoo ID. From that point on you can sign in via that auth
method and not bother with Yahoo anymore.

Firstly, however, when the upgraded site comes online, _DON'T_ try to
login via Google/Gerrit if you already have an account on Gerrit. This
creates two accounts! What you really want is to link your
Google/Github identity to your existing account.

To be able to login via Google/Github without creating two accounts,
log in with your Yahoo ID as normal once the upgrade is finished, then
click your name in the top right hand corner and go to "Settings".
Then, on the left hand side go to "Identities". Then, click the 'Link
Another Identity" button on the right hand side. This will take you to
the login screen again, but this time instead of using your Yahoo ID,
just login with Google or Github and you will have added that as a way
to log into your account.

For those that remember, this is basically the same process we had
when Google deprecated OpenID, just in reverse this time around.

Thanks,
- Ian

Re: How to Link (in Gerrit) your old Yahoo ID to a Google/Github login

Posted by Ian Maxon <im...@uci.edu>.
If anyone runs into the same problem just let me know. Somehow Chen's
old account wasn't tied to the Yahoo ID he used to login, so it made a
new account.

Posted by Chen Li <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chen Li <ch...@gmail.com>.