Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by host unknown <li...@hotmail.com> on 2003/03/27 15:15:55 UTC

searching multiple indexex

Hi all,

I have a question.  I have 2 indexes (1 - continually growing, never deleted
archive index.  2 - an index that is wiped and recreated daily.  These are
completely disjoint sets of data)

I want/need to perform site-wide searches across both sets of data.  Is
there a built in search mechanism that will allow me to search both indexes
and return ordered hits?  Or am I going to have to do 2 independant searches
then order the hits by score myself?

Thanks,
Dominic