Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Warren Chen <wa...@yahoo.com> on 2003/09/24 17:30:05 UTC

problem of Struts based app with Apache proxy

Hi All,

Our group developed a Struts based J2EE application
and everything works fine in testing environment.

The problem is that in Production environment, the app
server (Oracle 9iAS) is behind the proxy server
(Apache). User can access the application correctly
through the proxy, however, when response get
returned, the URL address in browser changed to the
actual app server address, instead of proxy address -
this causes invalid session for subsequent requests.

It sounds like proxy config problem, but the admin
told us that from about 15 applications he manages,
all works fine with this proxy config, except 3 which
are all based on Struts. - so he suspects it's
something in Struts framework. By default, in Struts
cookies are used for session tracking.

If you have experience in this matter, please let us
know, we really appreciate that. Any suggestions are
welcome!

Thanks a lot!

Warren
�

Re: problem of Struts based app with Apache proxy

Posted by John M Flinchbaugh <gl...@butterfly.hjsoft.com>.
On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 08:30:05AM -0700, Warren Chen wrote:
> It sounds like proxy config problem, but the admin
> told us that from about 15 applications he manages,
> all works fine with this proxy config, except 3 which
> are all based on Struts. - so he suspects it's
> something in Struts framework. By default, in Struts
> cookies are used for session tracking.

i run a very simple struts app behind an apache proxy as well.  i
quickly ran into similar problems.  dropping the <html:base/> tag
helped it stop sending the actual server name out to the client.
--
| glynis@hjsoft.com         http://www.hjsoft.com/~glynis/ |