Posted to dev@tubemq.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2020/01/15 01:08:09 UTC

Bootstrapping process

Hi,

A couple of weeks back I posted an email asking about progress of this podling.

I can see a lot of work has been done but there still some more to do:

- Submitting the software grant?
This doesn’t seem to have been submitted yet, is that correct?

- Moving the repos over to ASF infrastructure.
Work was done on this before the SGA was submitted. This is not ideal.

- Moving the website over to ASF infrastructure
I’ve got conflicting information on what happening here. There is development off list and a POC being shown onlist. I’ve received no answer about the incubator requirements for this website or where this work is being done.

- Having all PPMC members sign ICLAs
I believe this has been completed.

- Adding all PPMC members to the roster
I believe this has been completed.

- Having all PPMC members signed up to the private list
A couple of PPMC members are still not signed up.

Anyone add anything to the above?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Bootstrapping process

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Yes those are all important next steps as well.

There also what are going to do about this?
https://github.com/Tencent/TubeMQ

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Bootstrapping process

Posted by Saisai Shao <sa...@gmail.com>.
IIUC, the current block issue is SGA thing. And I think from code/doc
level, we also have several other things:

1. Change to use Apache License V2 and enable RAT check
2. Refactor README to remove any proprietary word

3. Fix the version number and add versioning track in JIRA.
4. Bootstrap apache tubemq website ASAP.
5. Add document about how to contribute to formalize the way of
contributing .
6. Add document about how to commit.

Some of them may not be blocking issues, but I think it is necessary to fix.

Thanks

Saisai

Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> 于2020年1月15日周三 上午9:08写道: