Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by As...@wellsfargo.com.INVALID on 2022/01/03 21:32:46 UTC

Log4j 1.x Vulnerabilities

Can the following questions be confirmed for NetBeans?

  1.  Which versions of your products utilize Log4j 1.x, if any?

  1.  Do they utilize the JMSAppender or SocketServer classes?

  1.  Do you have any mitigation options available for addressing both CVE-2019-17571 and CVE-2021-4104?
https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2019-17571
https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2021-4104

     *   Would it impact the product if we deleted both the net/JMSAppender.class and net/SocketServer.class from the Log4j 1.x JAR itself?

  1.  Can you provide a roadmap of when you plan to move Log4j version 2.15 or higher?

Thanks,
Ashley Dingman

Re: Log4j 1.x Vulnerabilities

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
From that, one way to mitigate the issue would be to uninstall the HTML
editor.

Gj

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Hi all,

Quoting from the CVE details:

"to remotely execute arbitrary code when combined with a deserialization
gadget when listening to untrusted network traffic for log data"

Apache NetBeans does not "listen to untrusted network traffic for log
data", so it's not vulnerable.

Kind regards,
Antonio

Posted by Humphrey Clerx <hc...@gmail.com>.