Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Francis Ho <fh...@post.com> on 2002/01/01 00:08:56 UTC

RE: Problem starting SOAP samples

Make sure to install the Xerces.jar properly.

francis!
Posted by Heitzso <he...@bellsouth.net>.
I need to move 10s of megabytes of data streams
over SOAP using HTTP.

I'm sending the data via mime attachment and
data handler.  I'ld like to keep the data
handler stream clean and not artificially
gzip it.  HTTP supports Accept-Encoding "gzip".

Is there a clean way to automatically gzip
the mime attachment data stream such that
the essence of the data handler isn't corrupted?

I've seen a few discussions on this scattered
about, and in general the tone was that that
wasn't the business of SOAP per se but the
transport protocol, i.e. HTTP.  But the SOAP
servlet needs to be able to hand out a gzip
stream if Accept-Encoding is set to "gzip".

Any and all clues welcome,
Thanks,
Heitzso

gzip accept encoding over http?