Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "michael.paul3" <mi...@ntlworld.com> on 2001/02/17 20:55:33 UTC

Cocoon1.8.2 with Tomcat3.1 on Win98

I am trying to get Cocoon 1.8.2 to work with Tomcat3.1(and3.2) on a Windows98 system.  When I try to load the Cocoon.xml page, or any of the samples, I get the message:Publishing Engine could not be initialized and:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception when creating "org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor":
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
    at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:124)

    etc...

I have read through the FAQ's and changed the names of xml.jar to zxml.jar and parser.jar to zparser.jar.  These files seem to going into the classpath after xerces.jar, however I am still getting the NoSuchMethodError.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Mike Paul

RE: Cocoon1.8.2 with Tomcat3.1 on Win98

Posted by Benoit Jauquet <be...@freebel.net>.
is turbine-pool.jar in your classpath?
i've had the same error and that was the problem...

Ben