Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Siddiq Syed <si...@yahoo.com> on 2009/07/16 20:10:59 UTC

Date validation in struts 2

Hi all,

I am trying to validate the date field through the xml by using the date validator defined.
  <field-validator type="date">

The problem with this is we can't have leap year validation with this, nor formate validation and need to specify the date range.

Is there any way where I can validate the date(which implicity take care of leap year validation with MM/DD/YYY format) and without giving the date range.

The field type defined in my view bean is java.util.date.

Thanks
Siddiq.