Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Anurag Gujral <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/03 03:21:20 UTC

compaction behaviour

Hi All,
           I have loaded data into cassandra using batch processing  the
response times for reads are in the range of  0.8 ms but I am using SSDs. so
I expect the read times to be even faster.
Every time I run compaction the latency numbers reduce to 0.3 to 0.4ms  , is
there a way I can run compaction once with some parameters
so that i can get the same numbers 0.3 to 0.4 ms for reads.
Please note that I am not loading the data again.

Thanks
Anurag

Re: compaction behaviour

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
Is "nodetool compact" what you are looking for ?

Aaron

Re: compaction behaviour

Posted by Anurag Gujral <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Zhu,