Posted to dev@vxquery.apache.org by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com> on 2013/12/07 03:46:06 UTC

Re: state of the release

Hi Till,

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 10:27 AM, Till <ti...@westmann.org> wrote:
>> Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> hat am 21. November 2013 um
>> 14:47 geschrieben:

>> AFAICT, none of the above steps affect the already present released files.
>>
>> In other words: No reason not to send the anouncements now and consider the
>> release done. Conngratulations, and my expressed respect for you, Till, for
>> doing this release. I can imagine, that was quite some job, and work, to do.
>
> The only reason why I'm holding off is that I would like to have a website
> with a download link for our first "publicity event". It's not that I'm
> seriously assuming that there will be a huge number of visitors, but I'd
> like to make life reasonably easy for those who will come.

Can we have a status update?  Or ideally, just a release announcement? ;)

Marvin Humphrey

Re: state of the release

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.
On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 4:28 PM, Till Westmann <we...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The post to general went through now and I'm hoping that announce will get
> it as well this time.

I see that it has now gone through to announce@apache as well:

    http://s.apache.org/Ahx

Nice work.

Marvin Humphrey

Re: state of the release

Posted by Till Westmann <we...@gmail.com>.
I received a message from announce@a.o that the moderators did not act on
my message and that I should either repost or contact the moderators. As
I've also subscribed to general@i.a.o with my apache.org e-mail address, I
opted for re-sending to announcement to general@i.a.o and
announce@a.o.I've also sent mail to announce-owner asking if the
announcement as such is
ok.

Re: state of the release

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.

Re: state of the release

Posted by Till Westmann <ti...@westmann.org>.
On Dec 7, 2013, at 9:49 PM, Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 7:17 PM, Till Westmann <we...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The announcement is sent out.
>> However, I did send it out using my apache.org address and as I'm not
>> subscribed to general@incubator with that I fear that the message is in the
>> moderation queue right now.
>> Is that right?
>
> Yes, that seems to be the case.  I'm not sure who moderates
> general@incubator, but previously I've seen messages queue for a
> couple days or so.  They eventually get through.

I saw the announcement e-mail neither on general@i.a.o nor on announce@a.o.
Is there a way I can check if it's still in the moderation queue (or if it ever arrived there)?

Thanks,
Till

Re: state of the release

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.
On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 7:17 PM, Till Westmann <we...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This question came just in time.

Heh.

Re: state of the release

Posted by Till Westmann <we...@gmail.com>.
This question came just in time. The announcement is sent out.