Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Johns, D Eric, MAJ, 101ST, EMB, 698-7407" <er...@mebngr.ang.af.mil> on 2003/05/05 19:11:17 UTC

cannot use classic compiler message lisves on

I am having difficulty with the ant build as well. I cannot even build a
simple hello world....

Using W2K and JDK 1.1.1-02-b06.

I reviewed all the previous messages over the past 2 years regarding this
issue and attempted eliminating my classpath; looking in the system32
folder; placing my jdk first in the path statement, ensuring I had
%JAVA_HOME% etc to no avail. This is a very aggrevating error....if one of
you gurus could re-write some code and solve this issue, we'd be psyched
since the issue seems on-going.

Eric

D. Eric Johns, MAJ
Bioenvironmental Engineer
207-990-7407/FAX 7102 DSN 698-7407
101 MDS/SGPB
99 Glenn Ave.
Bangor IAP, ME 04401-3054

Re: cannot use classic compiler message lisves on

Posted by Jesse Stockall <st...@magma.ca>.
On Mon, 2003-05-05 at 13:11, Johns, D Eric, MAJ, 101ST, EMB, 698-7407
wrote:
> I am having difficulty with the ant build as well. I cannot even build a
> simple hello world....
>
> Using W2K and JDK 1.1.1-02-b06.

Is this a typo or are you really using JDK 1.1.1?

> I reviewed all the previous messages over the past 2 years regarding this
> issue and attempted eliminating my classpath; looking in the system32
> folder; placing my jdk first in the path statement, ensuring I had
> %JAVA_HOME% etc to no avail. This is a very aggrevating error....if one of
> you gurus could re-write some code and solve this issue, we'd be psyched
> since the issue seems on-going.

Can you please confirm the following:
JAVA_HOME is set?
%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar exists?
%JAVA_HOME%\bin\javac.exe exists?

Please provide some more details:

Value of %JAVA_HOME%, version of Ant, value of %ANT_HOME%, if you are
running Ant 1.5.1 or greater, the output from 'ant -diagnostics' would
be useful as well.

--
Jesse Stockall <st...@magma.ca>