Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Andrew Randall <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/26 00:54:17 UTC

Assignment Fault

Hi,

I'm writing my first BPEL process by following the tutorial at:

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/webservices/BPELInvokeWebService.aspx

The BPEL process simply calls a web service that takes in a string
parameter, and returns a string parameter.  I'm using Apache ODE 1.2 on
Tomcat 5.5.27.  The web service is local and running on Axis2.

Whenever I try to run the process, I get the following error:

ERROR - GeronimoLog.error(104) | Assignment Fault: {
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/process/executable}selectionFailure,lineNo=38,faultExplanation=Noresults
for expression: {OXPath10Expression /ns0:myinput}

I understand that I have to initialize variables before using them, and I
have reviewed many of the posts here on that subject, but I still can't
figure out what is wrong.  The section of the BPEL file that includes line
38 is shown below:

<bpws:assign name="Assign" validate="no">
            <bpws:copy>
                <bpws:from>
                    <bpws:literal>
                        <xsd:doSomething xmlns:xsd="http://example.ws">
                            <xsd:myinput/>
                        </xsd:doSomething>
                    </bpws:literal>
                </bpws:from>
                <bpws:to part="parameters" variable="DSLinkRequest"/>
            </bpws:copy>
            <bpws:copy ignoreMissingFromData="no" keepSrcElementName="no">
                <bpws:from part="payload" variable="input">
                    <bpws:query
queryLanguage="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsbpel:2.0:sublang:xpath1.0"><![CDATA[/tns:input]]></bpws:query>
                </bpws:from>
                <bpws:to part="parameters" variable="DSLinkRequest">
                    <bpws:query
queryLanguage="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsbpel:2.0:sublang:xpath1.0"><![CDATA[/ns0:myinput]]></bpws:query>
                </bpws:to>
            </bpws:copy>
        </bpws:assign>

Any help greatly appreciated.