Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org> on 2004/05/02 03:37:20 UTC

Re: svn commit: r9339 - trunk/subversion/bindings/swig/perl/native

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 11:31:29AM -0500, kfogel@collab.net wrote:
> Ben Reser <be...@reser.org> writes:
> > Copying and pasting from mutt.  Sometimes I forget to wipe out the
> > trailing whitespace that it generates for whatever reason.  I need to
> > figure out why it does this.  It's rather annoying.  Sorry.
>
> What editor are you using?
>
> If it's Emacs, I'd be happy to write you a hook that cleans up your
> log message buffers when you save them.  Let me know.

FYI, problem solved.  Benjamin Pflugmann correctly identified that my
problem was screen and pointed me to some emails showing how to fix the
problem.

--
Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>
http://ben.reser.org

"Conscience is the inner voice which warns us somebody may be looking."
- H.L. Mencken

Re: svn commit: r9339 - trunk/subversion/bindings/swig/perl/native

Posted by Michael W Thelen <th...@cs.utah.edu>.
* Ben Reser <be...@reser.org> [2004-05-01 21:36]:
> On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 11:31:29AM -0500, kfogel@collab.net wrote:
> > Ben Reser <be...@reser.org> writes:
> > > Copying and pasting from mutt.  Sometimes I forget to wipe out the
> > > trailing whitespace that it generates for whatever reason.  I need to
> > > figure out why it does this.  It's rather annoying.  Sorry.
> >
> > What editor are you using?
> >
> > If it's Emacs, I'd be happy to write you a hook that cleans up your
> > log message buffers when you save them.  Let me know.
>
> FYI, problem solved.  Benjamin Pflugmann correctly identified that my
> problem was screen and pointed me to some emails showing how to fix the
> problem.

Would you be willing to share those pointers?  I use screen too, and
often have the same problem.

-- Mike

--
Michael W. Thelen
We who cut mere stones must always be envisioning cathedrals.