Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Shirely <sh...@powerelab.com> on 2010/03/05 10:18:36 UTC

Tomcat response Blank Page

I have a Tomcat 6.0 run at Window Server 2008. We mainly used it to show some
dynamic JSP by running java method at background. However, I found that
tomcat server sometimes run abnormally.

When we use a web browser, e.g. IE 8 to access the Tomcat jsp page.
sometimes, it can show the page correctly. But sometimes, it will suddenly
only return a blank page to user. However, press F5 again, page back to
normal. We check the server, everything work normal, the loading is not
large and no error reports.

Then, we try to trace the code, we found that when it return blank page
1. server have receive the GET request and have return a packet to client
which the packet body is "0"
2. However, if the page have a counter on it. we found the counter haven't
updated. So, it seems that whole jsp page haven't run yet.

Does anyone know what's wrong is it?

Shirley

Re: Tomcat response Blank Page

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 05/03/2010 09:18, Shirely wrote:

> I have a Tomcat 6.0 run at Window Server 2008. We mainly used it to show some
> dynamic JSP by running java method at background. However, I found that
> tomcat server sometimes run abnormally.
>
> When we use a web browser, e.g. IE 8 to access the Tomcat jsp page.
> sometimes, it can show the page correctly. But sometimes, it will suddenly
> only return a blank page to user. However, press F5 again, page back to
> normal. We check the server, everything work normal, the loading is not
> large and no error reports.
>
> Then, we try to trace the code, we found that when it return blank page
> 1. server have receive the GET request and have return a packet to client
> which the packet body is "0"
> 2. However, if the page have a counter on it. we found the counter haven't
> updated. So, it seems that whole jsp page haven't run yet.
>
> Does anyone know what's wrong is it?

This is a question for the users list.

Mark