Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk> on 2001/04/04 17:33:16 UTC

servlets, sessions, and memory ..

I see from the archive that the memory "leak" effect is caused by session
handlers creating a session for each.. well.. session.

My question is how can I take charge of this, i cant seem to turn off
session tracking for servlets. Simply removing the interceptors from
server.xml doesn't help.

I find that after about 820,000 hits in six hours, :-), I get an out of
memeory exception, I could avoind this if I knew how to destroy sessions, or
not create them at all, or even just fine tune their time-to-live.

I haven't found my way round this bit of the source yet, so *any* tips will
be greatfully recieved, however obvious they may be to others...

danny