Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Chris <dc...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/03 10:10:43 UTC

Error: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: {http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/process/executable}selectionFailure No results for expression: {OXPath10Expression /xsd:dummy_input}

My BPEL project was successfuly deployed on ODE. However, when I tried to
use it with a client I got the following error:
ERROR - GeronimoLog.error(104) | Assignment Fault: {
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/process/executable}selectionFailure,lineNo=35,faultExplanation=Noresults
for
expression: {OXPath10Expression /xsd:dummy_input}

The project is simple:
- One service called DiceServer that returns a random value (1 to 6) (I
wrote a client for this one, it works fine)
- One service called ColorServer that returns a color, given a value.

The BPEL process does the following:
- Get a random value from DiceServer
- Send the result to ColorServer
- Get a Random Color
- Return the random Color

dummy_input is a string, the parameter to getDiceValue() on DiceServer
service. If I understood well, the BPEL process couldn't get a value from
getDiceValue(dummy_input). However, I'm sure that this service is working
because I tested it with a client. Hence, there must be something wrong with
the BPEL process.

Thanks,
Chris.

Re: Error: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: {http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/process/executable}selectionFailure No results for expression: {OXPath10Expression /xsd:dummy_input}

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
On 10/3/07, Chris <dc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> My BPEL project was successfuly deployed on ODE. However, when I tried to
> use it with a client I got the following error:
> ERROR - GeronimoLog.error(104) | Assignment Fault: {http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/process/executable}selectionFailure,lineNo=35,faultExplanation=No<http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/process/executable%7DselectionFailure,lineNo=35,faultExplanation=No>results for
> expression: {OXPath10Expression /xsd:dummy_input}

Hi Chris,

The "dummy_input" element is declared within the namespace "
http://diceserver.utbm.fr", so you should use "/ns0:dummy_input" with the
following namespace declaration in context:

xmlns:ns0="http://diceserver.utbm.fr"    (same as defined in your WSDL)

Also, just to make sure since I didn't see your full BPEL, the element
tns:dummy_input should exist prior to the assignment which means you need to
have a literal assignment to initialize the content of the "DicePLRequest"
(part "parameters").

In abridged form,

<bpel:assign>
  <bpel:copy>
    <bpel:from>
      <bpel:literal>
        <tns:getDiceValue>
          <tns:dummy_input/>
        </tns:getDiceValue>
      </bpel:from>
      <bpel:to>$DicePLRequest.parameters</bpel:to>
  </bpel:copy>
</bpel:assign>

cheers,
alex

Posted by Chris <dc...@gmail.com>.
I guess this is the interesting part of the BPEL:
        <bpws:assign name="Assign" validate="no">
            <bpws:copy>
                <bpws:from part="payload" variable="input">
                    <bpws:query queryLanguage="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsbpel:
2.0:sublang:xpath1.0"><![CDATA[/tns:input]]></bpws:query>
                </bpws:from>
                <bpws:to part="parameters" variable="DicePLRequest">
                    <bpws:query queryLanguage="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsbpel:
2.0:sublang:xpath1.0"><![CDATA[/xsd:dummy_input]]></bpws:query>
                </bpws:to>
            </bpws:copy>
        </bpws:assign>

This was generated using eclipse BPEL editor.