Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2011/11/14 23:02:01 UTC

Re: issues building TxTDB

ARQ is not up-to-date in your local repo att he time of the TDB test suite.

I saw the same as you during today on the Apache build server but it was
because I'd only put an install of ARQ locally, not deployed it.
Locally, TDB test suite worked, but broke on the Apache build server.

When I deployed the latest snapshot ARQ, TDB was fine.

Broken build: #336
https://builds.apache.org/view/G-L/view/Jena/job/Jena_TDB/336/

Working build: #338
https://builds.apache.org/view/G-L/view/Jena/job/Jena_TDB/338/

You can get the commits and Jenkins build failures on mailing list
jena-commits.

Or see the Jenkins development build is tracked at:
https://builds.apache.org/view/G-L/view/Jena/job/Jena_TDB/
which has an RSS feed.

Try svn updating ARQ, installing that, then doing "mvn clean test" (and
also deleting the tmp/testing directory and everything under it).  I
find "clean" is sometimes necessary as junk class files seem to get left
around.  Compiling is quick enough.

	Andy

Re: issues building TxTDB

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 14/11/11 23:49, Simon Helsen wrote:
> Andy,
>
> somehow, I am not able to resolve this. Here are the steps I am following:
>
> 0) I made sure I am up-to-date with SVN
> 1) I removed any trace of the arq build in my .m2, just to make sure
> nothing old is used
> 2) I ran mvn install for iri, jena2, and arq (and I checked that the arq
> in my .m2 is new)

mvn clean install - avoid stuff in target/ (I've seen timestamp problems
before).

> 3) I then ran mvn clean test (and first cleaned tmp/testing) in TxTDB
>
> I keep seeing problems and it clearly uses the ARQ as built in step 2 (I
> don't see how it can use anything else).
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Simon

You're not missing anything.  The problem has now shown up in Apache's
Jenkins  CI.  Changes were out of step.  When it originally worked, it
was because of lack of sync, and now that has resolved itself into an
error.

Error fixed.

BTW Expect some shuffling of code from TDB to ARQ for a few days while
interfaces get pushed up into ARQ for transactions and completing the
API.  It isn't a one-shot reshuffle so there may be some turbulence and
during that time, Jenkins has a habit of not quite being in sync.  It
sorts itself out eventually.

	Andy

Re: issues building TxTDB

Posted by Simon Helsen <sh...@ca.ibm.com>.
Andy,

somehow, I am not able to resolve this. Here are the steps I am following:

0) I made sure I am up-to-date with SVN
1) I removed any trace of the arq build in my .m2, just to make sure
nothing old is used
2) I ran mvn install for iri, jena2, and arq (and I checked that the arq
in my .m2 is new)
3) I then ran mvn clean test (and first cleaned tmp/testing) in TxTDB

I keep seeing problems and it clearly uses the ARQ as built in step 2 (I
don't see how it can use anything else).

What am I missing?

Simon

From:
Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>