Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sidart Kurias <si...@yahoo.com> on 2005/08/13 13:51:07 UTC

Assembly plugin -- couple of questions [m2a3]

All,

I am trying to build an assembly for a multiproject
setup in m2a3.

I would like to verify what I am doing is ok (even if
it may  not be correct).

What I would like to do is to build one tar/zip
containing the jars (and dependencies) of all
subprojects.

I have defined an assembly  descriptor only in the
parent project. This descriptor defines a fileset for
each subproject. Each fileset identifies the files I
want to pick up from that particular subproject.

This works fine. But since this is a multiproject
build, after building the parent project, m2 tries to
run the assembly goal the subprojects(modules) and
fails (right now this is not an issue for me). I guess
the way the assembly pluginis meant to work is to have
individual descriptors for the subprojects(I suppose
they could be empty descriptors in my case). is this
understanding correct?

I haven't got the dependencies to be included as yet.
My question is - are the dependencies that the
assembly plugin expects to be defined in the
dependencyset element specific to that project or can
I  define the dependencies at the parent project level
itself, even if they are really dependencies for the
sub projects.

Thanks
Sid

Re: Assembly plugin -- couple of questions [m2a3]

Posted by Sidart Kurias <si...@yahoo.com>.
Brett

Thanks I will give it a try

Sid