Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Shailendra Mudgal <mu...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/18 08:14:44 UTC

how to cache multivalued field using fieldcache.

Hi All,

I have a multivalued field in the index. Can i use FieldCache for caching
that field.

Thanks,

Vipin

Re: how to cache multivalued field using fieldcache.

Posted by Chris Lu <ch...@gmail.com>.
No. FieldCache is only for single-valued field.
You would need to use your own data structure to cache multi-valued field.

Or leave the index on disk and use Solid State Disk to read for faster
access.

--
Chris Lu