Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by "K, Amit (MIND)" <Am...@mind-infotech.com> on 2017/09/26 10:03:05 UTC

RE: Warning!!!PossibleSpam Re: Recording stop case: 4.0.0: If existed unexpected

aammm….

This is the day I need to say sorry twice in a  single day for the information I provided to Maxim.. ☹

Actually I am not facing any error. I just want to confirm the behavior of the application in below scenario.

I am in testing the recording feature on 4.0.0 version of OM.

And my scenario is:

1.       I downloaded recording applet.

2.        Now click on “Start Recording” and started recording from conference type room.

3.       Now normally we click the “Stop Recording” to stop recording.

4.       But there may a situation that the application crashed (applet) or by mistaken Close button is  clicked. So in that cases recording is stopped but may be some functions those should be executed after “Stop Recording” click event , not executed as recording is stopped by different way.

So in this case the recording will be processed (conversion from .wav to mp4) normally or application will behave some different manner.

Thanks,

Amit

Thanks,
Amit
Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Your assumptions are correct
ffmpeg is only being used to convert WB video files and recordings

Posted by Daniel Baker <in...@collisiondetection.biz>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
sure :)

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Turning on ffmeg compiler options

Re: Warning!!!PossibleSpam Re: Warning!!!PossibleSpam Re: Recording stop case: 4.0.0: If existed unexpected

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure are you able to get "latest FFMPEG for Windows"

latest FFMPEG can only be obtained in source form
Using these sources it can be compiled with different codecs.
The one you have downloaded doesn't have required codec

You need to find ffmpeg for windows with all necessary codecs
I do remember someone wrote he/she was able to find one, please use search

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 12:41 PM, K, Amit (MIND) <Am...@mind-infotech.com>
wrote:

> Actually I am running on *Win 8* machine and I tried with latest FFMEG
> (Got reference from OpenMeetings install page).
>

> While debugging in to code, the whole code executes well with no error but
> no “*.mp4” file created in “/hibernate” directory.
>

> As I tried to execute the same command from CMD then it is showing *Unknown
> encoder 'libfdk_aac' error.*
>

> Have you tried this on Win machine using latest FFMPEG (Set path in
> configuration )
>

> *Key = path.ffmpeg*
>
> *Value = */*
> *ffmpeg-20170921-183fd30-win64-static\ffmpeg-20170921-183fd30-win64-static\bin*
>

> You can verify /hibernate directory weather .mp4 file exist or not after
> conversion.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Amit

WARN 09-27 11:38:13.623 155 o.r.c.n.r.RTMPMinaIoHandler [NioProcessor-2] - Exception caught org.apache.commons.codec.binary.Hex.encodeHexString([B)Ljava/lang/String;
[...]

Output: As cross button is clicked, recording stopped immediately and  *.flv is created successfully but no conversion is done so no *.mp4 file created in /hibernate directory.

Thanks,
Amit

________________________________

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Ffmpeg must have this codec

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Warning!!!PossibleSpam Re: Warning!!!PossibleSpam Re: Recording stop case: 4.0.0: If existed unexpected

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.