Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Paul Tremblay <pa...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/01 19:43:29 UTC

pyspark bug with PYTHONHASHSEED

When I try to to do a groupByKey() in my spark environment, I get the error
described here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36798833/what-does-exception-randomness-of-hash-of-string-should-be-disabled-via-pythonh

In order to attempt to fix the problem, I set up my ipython environment
with the additional line:

PYTHONHASHSEED=1

When I fire up my ipython shell, and do:

In [7]: hash("foo")
Out[7]: -2457967226571033580

In [8]: hash("foo")
Out[8]: -2457967226571033580

So my hash function is now seeded so it returns consistent values. But when
I do a groupByKey(), I get the same error:

Exception: Randomness of hash of string should be disabled via
PYTHONHASHSEED

Anyone know how to fix this problem in python 3.4?

Thanks

Henry

--
Paul Henry Tremblay