Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Martin Porter <ma...@liberica.com> on 2003/02/12 13:29:51 UTC

Ant Custom Task & Swing Client Problem

Hi,

I have written a custom Ant task that calls a client written in Swing
that simply opens a window and requsts input from a few drop down
boxes. I then use the Project get/set methods so set up
properties related to user selection. All works fine but I cant get
the window to stay open (without putting a Thread.sleep() in the
custom task).

The window opens and then immediately closes again (as if the
ActionListeners are not there). It  is not a classpath issue or
anything like that as if the Thread.sleep() is used the GUI is found
and opens as as expected. It then closes and sets the right values
when the sleep() expires...

When I run this from the command line or Visual Cafe it works fine
and the window stays open as you would normally expect. It is only
a problem rwhen run from Ant. Its there something that I should be
doing to ensure the window stays open. I am not a GUI developer so
any simple explainations welcome !

I am using Ant 1.5.1 on Windows 2000...

Thanks
Martin