Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Lukas Kahwe Smith <ml...@pooteeweet.org> on 2012/04/11 15:34:42 UTC

JDBC client configuration (max packet size)

Hi,

We want to support binary files upto 20MB in size to be stored in Jackrabbit.
It is my understanding that this requires changing both the client and the server max packet size setting when using MySQL for persistence.

I am wondering where I can configure this setting for the client?

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
mls@pooteeweet.org

Re: JDBC client configuration (max packet size)

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 3:34 PM, Lukas Kahwe Smith <ml...@pooteeweet.org> wrote:
> I am wondering where I can configure this setting for the client?

MySQL documentation [1] suggests using the "maxAllowedPacket"
parameter in the JDBC URL or setting it as a system property.

[1] http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/connector-j-reference-configuration-properties.html

BR,

Jukka Zitting