Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Skriloff, Nicholas" <Sk...@darden.virginia.edu> on 2005/09/20 19:57:15 UTC

Struts and Tapestry in the same application

We have a large application presently written in struts that is going to
go through new development in the near future.   We want to do the new
development in Tapestry.  Has anyone written an app that had both struts
and tapestry running together?  If so, how did you deal with sharing
session information?

Sincerely,
Nick Skriloff

Re: Struts and Tapestry in the same application

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Skriloff, Nicholas <SkriloffN <at> darden.virginia.edu> writes:

> We have a large application presently written in struts that is going to
> go through new development in the near future.   We want to do the new
> development in Tapestry.  Has anyone written an app that had both struts
> and tapestry running together?  If so, how did you deal with sharing
> session information?

Yes, I've converted some parts of the MailReader sample app in Struts
to Tapestry (as a case study in a chapter in my book). As both are in
the same web app, you can simply use the same session without any
problem.

--
Author of a book for learning Tapestry (www.agileskills2.org/EWDT)

Re: Struts and Tapestry in the same application

Posted by Mark Alcocer Flores <su...@yahoo.com>.
You can have both applications in one WAR. That way you can share the session. You can use the
session to put the information you need to send from one application to the other.

Mark.

--- "Skriloff, Nicholas" <Sk...@darden.virginia.edu> wrote:

> We have a large application presently written in struts that is going to
> go through new development in the near future.   We want to do the new
> development in Tapestry.  Has anyone written an app that had both struts
> and tapestry running together?  If so, how did you deal with sharing
> session information?
>
> Sincerely,
> Nick Skriloff

The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn
It's Just To Love And Be Loved In Return