Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mahadev Konar <ma...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2011/01/15 22:17:18 UTC

Resolving test interdependency with maven.

Hi all,
I am beginner at using maven.

I am using
Maven version: 2.0.9
Java version: 1.6.0_13
OS name: "mac os x" version: "10.5.7" arch: "x86_64" Family: "mac"

I have a very basic question, it would be great if someone can help me out
with this. Thanks in advance.

I have the following scenario:

Module A has some tests which Module B depends on.

So I did this in my module A pom file I have:
     <plugin>
        <executions>
         <execution>
          <goals>
           <goal>test-jar</goal>
         </goals>
        </execution>
      </executions>
    </plugin>

And in module B pom file I have the dependency on test-jar in module A.

<dependency>
    <groupId>package-name</groupId>
      <artifactId>Module-a</artifactId>
      <version>version-string</version>
      <type>test-jar</type>
      <scope>test</scope>
 </dependency>

Both these modules are part of my project.

Now from the top level pom.xml if I do mvn clean test, then the test phase
for module B fails saying that its not able to find the test-jar for module
A. Is there something I am missing, most of the documentation I read said
that this is how its done? Do I have to run maven install before I run maven
test to get the test-jar installed?

Thanks
Mahadev

Re: Resolving test interdependency with maven.

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Thanks Justin,
 I had tried that as well before mailing on the list. Now, I am pretty
confused why this isnt working for me.

Thanks
mahadev

Posted by Justin Lee <ev...@gmail.com>.