Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net> on 2013/05/21 20:57:16 UTC

Shuffle phase replication factor

When MapReduce enters "shuffle" to partition the tuples, I am assuming that it writes intermediate data to HDFS.  What replication factor is used for those temporary files?
john

Re: Shuffle phase replication factor

Posted by Ian Wrigley <ia...@cloudera.com>.
Intermediate data is written to local disk, not to HDFS.

Ian.

On May 21, 2013, at 1:57 PM, John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net> wrote:

> When MapReduce enters “shuffle” to partition the tuples, I am assuming that it writes intermediate data to HDFS.  What replication factor is used for those temporary files?
> john

---
Ian Wrigley
Sr. Curriculum Manager
Cloudera, Inc
Cell: (323) 819 4075

Re: Shuffle phase replication factor

Posted by Ian Wrigley <ia...@cloudera.com>.
Intermediate data is written to local disk, not to HDFS.

Ian.

On May 21, 2013, at 1:57 PM, John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net> wrote:

> When MapReduce enters “shuffle” to partition the tuples, I am assuming that it writes intermediate data to HDFS.  What replication factor is used for those temporary files?
> john

---
Ian Wrigley
Sr. Curriculum Manager
Cloudera, Inc
Cell: (323) 819 4075

Re: Shuffle phase replication factor

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.
In MR1, the tasktracker serves the mapper files (so that tasks don't have
to stick around taking up resources).  In MR2, the shuffle service, which
lives inside the nodemanager, serves them.

-Sandy

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.

k@123.org<ma...@123.org>

--
http://www.lingcc.com

RE: Shuffle phase replication factor

Posted by Kun Ling <lk...@gmail.com>.
Hi John,

--
http://www.lingcc.com

Re: Shuffle phase replication factor

Posted by Kun Ling <lk...@gmail.com>.
Hi John,

--
http://www.lingcc.com

Re: Shuffle phase replication factor

Posted by Kun Ling <lk...@gmail.com>.
Hi John,

--
http://www.lingcc.com

Re: Shuffle phase replication factor

Posted by Kun Ling <lk...@gmail.com>.
Hi John,

--
http://www.lingcc.com

RE: Shuffle phase replication factor

Posted by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net>.

Posted by John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net>.

Posted by John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net>.

Posted by John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net>.

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net>.

Posted by John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net>.

Posted by John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net>.

Posted by John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net>.

Posted by Kai Voigt <k...@123.org>.

--
Kai Voigt
k@123.org

Re: Shuffle phase replication factor

Posted by Kai Voigt <k...@123.org>.

--
Kai Voigt
k@123.org

Re: Shuffle phase replication factor

Posted by Ian Wrigley <ia...@cloudera.com>.
Intermediate data is written to local disk, not to HDFS.

Ian.

On May 21, 2013, at 1:57 PM, John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net> wrote:

> When MapReduce enters “shuffle” to partition the tuples, I am assuming that it writes intermediate data to HDFS.  What replication factor is used for those temporary files?
> john

---
Ian Wrigley
Sr. Curriculum Manager
Cloudera, Inc
Cell: (323) 819 4075

Re: Shuffle phase replication factor

Posted by Kai Voigt <k...@123.org>.

--
Kai Voigt
k@123.org

Re: Shuffle phase replication factor

Posted by Ian Wrigley <ia...@cloudera.com>.
Intermediate data is written to local disk, not to HDFS.

Ian.

On May 21, 2013, at 1:57 PM, John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net> wrote:

> When MapReduce enters “shuffle” to partition the tuples, I am assuming that it writes intermediate data to HDFS.  What replication factor is used for those temporary files?
> john

---
Ian Wrigley
Sr. Curriculum Manager