Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jason Wyatt <jw...@itree.com.au> on 2007/04/18 07:05:22 UTC

Struts 2 interceptors vs

Hi,

I've written a simple PagingInterceptor in a Struts 2 project to do a
trivial calculation of the pageNumber used to display paged results, based
on whether the user pressed either a "Search", "Next Page" or "Previous
Page" submit button.

I'm using the following interceptor stack:

            <interceptor-stack name="usersearch" >
                <interceptor-ref name="searchPaging" />
                <interceptor-ref name="defaultStack"/>
            </interceptor-stack>

            <interceptor name="searchPaging"
                         class="itree.iacd.interceptor.PagingInterceptor"/>

The PagingInterceptor reads the "submit" parameter from the request,
increments or decrements the pageNumber, and stores pageNumber back in the
request.

This works fine, however I also want to use the "method" param for the
<s:submit> button like such:

<s:submit name="submit" value="Save" method="save" />

I noticed when I add method="save" and hit the page with a browser, the
"submit" parameter seems to have been removed from the request *before* it
hits the top of the interceptor stack for the page, thus breaking my
PagingInterceptor.

Any ideas on why the submit parameter is removed, and how to fix this
problem - preferably via the Struts 2 framework?

Thanks in advance for any help, regards

Jason

 Itree Software		www.itree.com.au
 Ph (02)42263454  	Fax (02)42263193