Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Barnett, Brian W." <br...@pearson.com> on 2005/04/07 22:02:44 UTC

Some JVM settings not working in my Tomcat Windows service

Using Tomcat 5.0.28. On the Java tab of the Configure Tomcat dialog, I have
the following in Java Options:

-Dcatalina.home=C:\Tomcat 5.0
-Djava.endorsed.dirs=C:\Tomcat 5.0\common\endorsed
-Djava.io.tmpdir=C:\Tomcat 5.0
-verbose:gc
-XX:+PrintGCDetails
-XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps
-Xms128m
-Xmx512m

I want to view garbage collection information, hence the "gc" stuff, but I
get not garbage collection output in my stdout.log. When I run Tomcat inside
the Eclipse IDE with those settings, I get garbage collection info in the
console. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks,
Brian Barnett

If you were not an intended recipient,