Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Adam Lofstedt <ad...@visimation.com> on 2003/12/16 23:47:07 UTC

Newbie question - SourceSafe Migration and web server deployment

Hi there,

I'm really new to Subversion, so if the answer is RTFM, please point me to
the right FMs :)

I'm trying to move from Dreamweaver/Sourcesafe to Visual Studio.Net and
Subversion.  Previously, I used a "shadow" project in Sourcesafe to mirror
the latest version of project files to the web server root folder.  This
enabled me to make my changes live on the web server when I checked in the
files.

What are my options with Subversion? How can I, upon check-in, have the
latest versions placed or mirrored in the web server's root?

Thanks a lot, I'm excited to start using this.

Adam Lofstedt