Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Philip Zeyliger <ph...@cloudera.com> on 2009/09/04 18:34:49 UTC

Re: drivers to bridge familiar SQL queries to Hadoop MapReduce internals?

Hi Benjamin,

This is actually very much on the mark.

Take a look at the Hive project -- http://hadoop.apache.org/hive/ ,
also video at http://www.cloudera.com/hadoop-training-hive-introduction.
 Hive is a SQL-like interface developed initially at Facebook for
exactly that.  Pig is also working on something similar -- see
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-824.

Cheers,

-- Philip