Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Phoenix1405 <Ph...@yahoo.com> on 2007/06/15 20:56:22 UTC

Extending Java task to run external class

Hi,

I'm extending the Java task at the moment. Is it possible to execute an
external class in a separate VM using the task's methods? I see the fork in
the original Java task source, but it's private and I believe the protected
run method only runs the class in the current VM.

Thanks,
Kev

Re: Extending Java task to run external class

Posted by Phoenix1405 <Ph...@yahoo.com>.
when that's true, does that mean the protected method run will run the class
in a different VM?

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.