Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Michael Scheidell <sc...@secnap.net> on 2007/07/13 13:07:07 UTC

RE: Please(don't) remove this bozo if you can figure out which he is

Its just one of his mx's.

Maybe he is running a 'no list secondary'.

I suppose spamassassin.apache.org should be listed in the blacklist for
sending this email to his secondary (according some some people who
obviously don't understand how the real world works)

 host -t mx saudihub.net
saudihub.net mail is handled by 10 mail.riyadhub.com.
saudihub.net mail is handled by 20 mail.mx05.net.
saudihub.net mail is handled by 30 mail.mx02.com.
scheidell@scanner$ telnet  mail.riyadhub.com 25
Trying 85.208.82.8...
Connected to mail.riyadhub.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 mail.riyadhub.com SMTP Server Ready
helo scanner.secnap.net
250 mail.riyadhub.com SMTP Server - Hello scanner.secnap.net, pleased to
meet you
mail from: <sc...@secnap.net>
250 <sc...@secnap.net>... Sender ok
rcpt to: <za...@saudihub.net>
250 <za...@saudihub.net>... Recipient ok
quit
221 mail.riyadhub.com Server Closing Connection
Connection closed by foreign host.
scheidell@scanner$ telnet  mail.mx05.net 25
Trying 69.41.167.250...
Connected to mail.mx05.net.
Escape character is '^]'.
helo scanner.secnap.net
220 ns.mx05.net ESMTP
250 ns.mx05.net
mail from: <sc...@secnap.net>
250 ok
rcpt to: <za...@saudihub.net>
553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)
Quit
 telnet mail.mx02.com 25
Trying 204.15.209.158...
Connected to mail.mx02.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 ns.mx02.com ESMTP Sendmail Ready; Fri, 13 Jul 2007 07:03:25 -0400
helo mail.secnap.com
250 ns.mx02.com Hello mail.secnap.com [204.89.241.129], pleased to meet
you
mail from: <sc...@secnap.net>
250 2.1.0 <sc...@secnap.net>... Sender ok
rcpt to: <za...@saudihub.net>
250 2.1.5 <za...@saudihub.net>... Recipient ok
--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
SECNAP Network Security Corporation

This email has been scanned and certified safe by SpammerTrap(tm).
For Information please see http://www.spammertrap.com

Re: Please(don't) remove this bozo if you can figure out which he is

Posted by Jo Rhett <jr...@netconsonance.com>.
Michael Scheidell wrote:
> I suppose spamassassin.apache.org should be listed in the blacklist for
> sending this email to his secondary (according some some people who
> obviously don't understand how the real world works)

I'm sorry, perhaps you can clarify your statement.   Are you suggesting
that the "real world" should accept backup MX servers which reject the
mail, and should retry to a higher level MX?

Please include RFC documentation of this behavior.

(last I checked, a bounce is bounce from coast to cost ...)

--
Jo Rhett
Net Consonance ... net philanthropy, open source and other randomness