Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Tobias Wahlström <to...@pricerunner.se> on 2000/07/31 16:06:07 UTC

Building XPath expressions

Hello!

Is there anyone that have written something that build XPath expressions
given a sample DOM tree and all nodes in that tree that should be matched?
Is there anything like that for building select expressions?

The second best is if there is something that takes a XPath expression and a
sample DOM tree and create an optimized expression for that sample tree.

If you don't know of anything that does what I want, do you know of
something that is even close that would help me to build such a thing?

Best regards,
Tobias Wahlström

weird thing happenning with xalan-j 1.1

Posted by Jose Correia <jo...@exinet.co.za>.
Hi guys

Please find attached a zip file containing:
student.xml - source file
student.xsl - xsl transformation file
Tstudent.xml - erroneous output

This problem did not use to occur with previous versions of xalan. I'm making
the following call to he processor:

XSLTProcessor processor = XSLTProcessorFactory.getProcessor();

processor.process(new XSLTInputSource(oebDocument.toURL().toExternalForm()),
                       new XSLTInputSource(new File(outputDirectory,
xslFileName).toURL().toExternalForm()),
                       new XSLTResultTarget(resultFile.getAbsolutePath()));

(which is pretty normal). The conflict seems to be (if u look at the source
file) that it does not like the fact that I'm specifying the root element to be
html and then specifying the default xmlns. Whats happening?

Thanks in advance
Jose

--

     ) /^\) ^\/ _)        =_"Positive thinking - a great way  )
     )   /^\/   _)         (_        to face life"             )
     )   _ /  / _)          (        Jose Correia            )
 /\  )/\/ ||  | )_)          (_    jose@exinet.co.za        )
<  >      |(,,) )__)           (   jcorreia@global.co.za    )