Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Kenneth Mandawe <ke...@cheetahdigital.com> on 2019/04/02 08:00:03 UTC

Hive throwing exception when Vectorization is enabled

Hello,

Need help on an issue encountered when vectorization is enabled.

Assuming that a table named 'analytics_table' exists with a column
'metrics' of type map<string, decimal(10,0)>, and the sample query below:

select SUM(metrics["point"]) from analytics_table;

When doing: set hive.vectorized.execution.enabled=true; above query result
to below error:

org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.vector.Decimal64ColumnVector cannot be cast
to org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.vector.DecimalColumnVector
at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.vector.DecimalColumnVector.setElement(DecimalColumnVector.java:130)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.vector.expressions.VectorUDFMapIndexBaseScalar.evaluate(VectorUDFMapIndexBaseScalar.java:172)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.vector.expressions.VectorExpression.evaluateChildren(VectorExpression.java:271)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.vector.expressions.FuncDecimalToDouble.evaluate(FuncDecimalToDouble.java:55)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.vector.VectorSelectOperator.process(VectorSelectOperator.java:146)
... 25 more

Please note that query will execute just fine when doing: set
hive.vectorized.execution.enabled=false;

We don't want to disable vectorization by default, so we're hoping above
error can be addressed.

Version: Hive 3.1.0.3.0.1.0-187

Thanks in advance for the help!

Kenneth Mandawe
Senior Software Engineer

<https://www.cheetahdigital.com/>

Re: Hive throwing exception when Vectorization is enabled

Posted by Lovely Sachin <ju...@gmail.com>.
sir,
ipl data analytics through hive
for these topic where i want to write my code
and use of hive
is hive used for typing the code