Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by David Barral <da...@elrincondelprogramador.com> on 2004/03/09 10:15:53 UTC

PropertyManagerService purpose

Hi there.

We are currently integrating Pluto with our framework for building
portals. We have just started and while investigating the interfaces we
found the PropertyManagerService. We are not quite sure about it's use
cause it's not implemented in the portal.

Any idea?

Thnx.

--
David Barral.
david@elrincondelprogramador.com

Re: PropertyManagerService purpose

Posted by Stefan Hepper <st...@hursley.ibm.com>.
David Barral wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> We are currently integrating Pluto with our framework for building
> portals. We have just started and while investigating the interfaces we
> found the PropertyManagerService. We are not quite sure about it's use
> cause it's not implemented in the portal.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thnx.
>
> --
> David Barral.
> david@elrincondelprogramador.com

Is is to support properties that the portal can set in the render and
action requests. These properties are a mechanism to transport extension
s from the portal to the portlet and back. As the pluto portal sample
does not define any extensions this is not used in the sample
implementation.

Stefan